Following extensive Urban Design and Masterplanning work undertaken by our architects and urban designers the long term development proposals for West Middlesex Hospital have been written into the current Draft Local Plan that is currently out for consultation.
The specific proposals are contained on pages 210 and 211 of the Hounslow Draft LPR Consultation VOL 2 Site Allocations WEB LoQ.pdf see: https://hounslow.app.box.com/s/jk3tqtfpfp9l5u31dqphejpjrv0szmzv
The Document states that Site adjoins Local Open Space: development should enhance the provision of publicly accessible Local Open Space through onsite provision (see local Plan policy GB2);
The site as proposed
It also notes that it is adjacent to the Isleworth Riverside conservation Area. Development should conserve and take opportunities to enhance the character of the area, (See Local Plan Policy CC4);
The site as existing
The masterplan on which the Draft Local Plan Site Allocation is based envisages that over a 10 year period development on the site while preserving and enhancing the hospital facilities could include:
- New Oncology Centre of approx. 5000m² including office accommodation.
- Car parking consolidation with increased numbers for operational uses & new users to the Oncology Centre.
- Office development of 3000m² predominately for hospital use (currently housed in other parts of the borough)
- Residential accommodation within the mixed-use development facing Twickenham Rd approx. 230 units – all shared ownership / affordable
- Medical Health Centre of 700m² · Dental Surgery / Pharmacy & Opticians 405m² ·Nursery 500m²
- Hospital associated retailing 600m²
- New maternity Centre – linked directly to the main hospital building.
- Residential quarter facing Twickenham Rd, approx. 190 units delivered after relocation on Maternity Centre
- Key hospital workers accommodation, 55 units plus 18 larger family units
The site as proposed
In total over 570 residential units, 7200m² of new hospital facilities, 3000m² offices & 2205m² of community and hospital related commercial space could be accommodated over several phases.
|Tags||Hotels, Hostels and Healthcare, Offices, Regeneration, Residential, Retail, Urban Design and Masterplanning|